There are two sides to consider when opening your spa:
- What YOU as a spa owner want to offer, and
- What YOUR CONSUMERS want to buy
Consumers today are health-conscious and wellness-savvy. Understanding THEIR beauty and wellness needs and offering treatments and services THEY want to buy will increase your chances of opening a more successful spa.
Here are 5 things a smart entrepreneur knows about opening a spa:
1) Be grounded! Spas are not a “get rich quick” venture. They are complex operations and usually very costly to run. It is important to do your homework and be realistic about your numbers.
2) Think holistically! Spas are about sensory experiences. Every aspect in the process of opening your spa – from concept and design, to hiring your team – will affect those experiences. Thinking about how your client will feel in your spa at every step in your project will help you create a smarter spa.
3) Shine! There are many spas out there all offering essentially the same kinds of treatments and services. If you want YOUR spa to stand out from the crowd – be unique, and stay unique!
4) Team spirit! Spa business is a team sport; an activity that requires a synergy of skills – and that is exactly what spa designers, spa consultants and product partners can offer. Working with a strong and expert team will save you time and money in the future.
5) Make noise! Engage your potential clients before your spa opens. Generating a buzz around your future spa takes time. The sooner you start, the quicker you will build your client base.
So there you have it: 5 things you need to know before opening your spa. For more insights, download Sonal Uberoi’s guide on “How to Open a Smarter Spa”. Click here to get your digital copy!